Thursday, May 21, 2009

james isaak live music



Montana Laurasia sent out a shout for James Isaak today. James was playing at the oldest live music venue on the Second Life grid, The Lily Pad. I love this venue with it's cute froggy chairs. And it also has a great texture store.

James Isaak is pure Americana singing blues and folk. With his harmonica and guitar, his sound was an edgier version of the blues or folk genre. I sang along while I listened to his ballads. "My girl, my girl... don't lie to me... tell me where did you sleep last night?"

I remember hearing this song sung by Kurt Cobain of Nirvana. Appreciating our roots... our origins will help to understand the more modern music today. All cultures, all societies have the ballad to rely on for preserving stories. James sang about lost love, murder and life itself.

His voice has pathos and purity of emotion. Each soulful vocal nuance almost brought tears to my eyes as each story unfolded. Sad ballads, melancholy songs expressed by a true Americana musical artist. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you, Montana for the heads up!

Raftwet Jewell, the first whitewater rafting avatar in the virtual world!
raftwet jewell in myspace
raftwet jewell in blogger
raftwet jewell in koinup
raftwet jewell's the a list! in blogger
raftwet jewell's the a list! in myspace

No comments: