Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 ... Wha' Happened to 2013?


Yes, indeed, 2014. What happened to 2013?

2013 had bad numbers for me. Oh, yes, I am superstituous. Very wary of numbers and places. I over analyzed everything. For what? For nothing, really, except watching an age old battle between major groups in virtual and also in real life, too.

I just did not want to post much of anything. All I did last year was to try and figure out what the entire networking meant for "Networks." The networks came out in droves... proud of who they were. No more hiding behind the OZ curtain. There was Sony, Google, Apple, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc, etc and many more, including small regional sites. And everything, including the internet became more expensive.

Let's face it. Everyone is in a lifestyle group. EVERYONE. Why? Because everything we do is in someone's lifestyle. Weddings? that's a lifestyle. Travel? that's a lifestyle. Entertainment? that's a lifestyle. Food? that's a lifestyle. What is NOT a lifestyle??? Nuttin' honey.

Group synergy was weird everywhere. Groups were vying for top positions, top events, and top roles. Why? I am not sure, but I do believe that people are definitely swayed by titles and positions... just like in real world.

The battle on the internet now is between the Networks, while the rest of us just move to the next "big thing" or try to ride someone else's traffic.

What I had hoped for, I guess, is an impossible dream. Imagine. (kudos to John Lennon...) Imagine all the people...











Imagine
Lyrics by John Lennon
...
 No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will live as one

I still believe this.

Thanks to John Lennon
Thanks to MetroLyrics for the lines
EMI Music Publishing for lyrics
Thanks to Google for images!
Thanks to me, raftwet jewell for the photo of WETLands



No comments: