Friday, January 22, 2010

Music Friends

So much is happening on the grid! New music, new musicians... new new new! I have been talking to old friends and checking out what they are doing in Second Life and in real life.

(I just did a WETLands & RiverLand video from old pictures and photos from 2007 - 2010)


A group of real life friends are hitting the success mark in music. Signing contracts with the real deal of producers, record labels and deals galore are coming their way. After years of practice, learning from others and band drama, the rewards are finally here.

My favorite band currently is the Ganglians. A psychedelic, surf band-indie rock-twisted-psycho-billy-twang-twang of dreamy music with a punk influence kinda band. Yah... they play it all. Their influences are many and when Ryan sent me the link to his post... well, I gotta share it with you.

Those of you who appreciate art and music will understand these musical links. The influences come from so many genres, and these young musicians have definitely hit a buzz out in the world. Because, I constantly hear the refrains of surf music in a lot of new music, I put together a surf-band-rockabilly-cramps kinda rafee surf playlist on my youtube channel. Enjoy!

No comments: